Here is the complete guide to you guys for PULC Admission 2020. Complete details are given below for Punjab University Law College Admissions, Fee, Merit List, Contact Number. You can directly jump to the section which you like the most by selecting from the following Page Content box,
- What is PULC?
- PULC Admission 2020
- Merit/Aggregate Formula
- How to find PULC Merit/Aggregate for L.L.B 2020?
- PULC Fee Structure for L.L.B 2020
- Last year merit for PULC L.L.B
- LAT details for L.L.B
- Value of L.L.B Degree from PULC
- Documents required to apply
- How to apply online?
- Last Date to Apply Online
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Join Us on Facebook
- Ask your Question
What is PULC?
Well, it is actually Punjab University Law College but in short, people call it as PULC. And, officially it is named as University Law College located on the Canal Road in New Punjab University Quaid-E-Azam Campus in the backside of Hailey College.
University Law College, University of the Punjab, is the finest and oldest seat of legal learning in the country. The University Law College is known as the birthplace of the finest legal minds in the subcontinent and has been the epitome of judicial heritage in Pakistan since its inception.
A number of eminent bureaucrats, politicians, lawyers, and judges of the higher and superior judiciary are graduates of the college and continue to serve the country to the best of their abilities. Some of the famous alluminies of PULC are,
And, also there had been many personalities who graduated from Punjab University Law College and served their nation.
Other than training young legal minds, the college focuses on personality development and grooming of students into responsible citizens.
Law College was established in 1868, fourteen years before the University of the Punjab, and has a rich history and culture. It later became one of the constituent colleges of the University of the Punjab. Law classes were initiated by Anjuman-i-Punjab in 1868 and were taken over by the College in 1870.
Initially, the degree was spanned over two years. In 1873 entry test was introduced for admission purposes in the program and in the same year, Chief Court allowed the college to hold leadership Examination.
In 1887, the passing of intermediate examination was made a prerequisite for admission to the law program. Later that year, three-fourth attendance was made mandatory for appearing in the examination. In 1890, the Government of India empowered the college to confer LL.B. and LL.D. degrees.
In order to appear in the LL.B. examination, it was necessary for the aspiring candidates to have graduated in Arts and to have passed the intermediate or the Licentiate in the Law examination.
Read more about this from official source
PULC Admission 2020
As everyone is familiar with nowadays pandemic situation so all the time table and schedules are being changed by the institutions. So, there is no final date announced for the start of admissions in Punjab University Law College for L.L.B (Hons. 05 years)
It is to be expected that the applications will be opened for candidates in September/October for the Admission of 2020.
Admission Requirements for L.L.B
FA / F.Sc / A- Level or equivalent with minimum 55% Marks
- 30% of HEC LAT (Entry Test)
- 25% Obtained Marks of Matric / O Level
- Total marks obtained in F.A. / F.Sc. / A Level
- Hafiz-e-Quran: 20 Marks
- 25 Marks for a maximum of two subjects from the following list studied as Elective Subjects in F.A. / F.Sc / ‘A’ Level
- English Literature
Academic Record: 70%
Entry Test: 30%
If you do not know that how to find Aggregate or Merit from your scores then you can simply follow this guide.
How to find PULC Merit/Aggregate for L.L.B 2020?
Here is the complete details to find your merit for PULC L.L.B Program 2020
- Find Academic records percentage
- Calculate 30% of your LAT
- Add both 70% of Academic and 30% of your LAT
- Find Academic records percentage: In this section, you have to find your Academic Scores Percentage. 40% of FSC/FA/ICS or A-Level marks are counted. And, 30% of Matric/O-Level is to be added so that it may complete a 70% portion in aggregate. To find 40% of your marks, divide your obtained marks in Intermediate by total marks and then multiply it with 100. And, at last, multiply the answer with 40, in this way you can get 40% of your Intermediate result for PULC LLB. The same is the case with Matric 30% marks. After you get both of your score’s percentage add them. Now you have 70% counted easily.
- Calculate 30% of your LAT: Calculate 30% of your LAT marks by the method that we are going to explain now. Divide your obtained marks by total (For example 62/100) and now multiply the answer with 30%.
- Add both 70% of Academic and 30% of your LAT: At last add both percentages i.e., Academic and LAT so that you may get your final aggregate. For example at last your aggregate would be a number such that 74.80 or something like this.
If you are facing any issue in finding your aggregate or merit for Punjab University Law College PULC 2020 then you can contact below, our team will help you to find yours.
PULC Fee Structure for L.L.B 2020
It is not mentioned officially and still not confirmed or declared but we will discuss the last year fee here.
Last year for L.L.B (05 Years) Morning program, students had to pay almost 30,000 RS as Fee.
And, for L.L.B (05 Years) Afternoon program, students had to pay 48,000 RS as Fee.
We will update the fee also when it will be officially announced, so keep checking this page regularly or subscribe to our website.
Last year merit for PULC L.L.B
Last year merit for PULC L.L.B morning program was 80.26% and for afternoon program the last year merit was 75.86%.
LAT details for L.L.B
Law Admission test is compulsory to get admission in any HEC recognized institution for L.L.B and one must have to get 50% of marks in this test to pass it. Check here complete details about this test,
In general you have to get above than 65 marks in LAT to hope for a chance in PULC.
Value of L.L.B Degree from PULC
It is much worth getting an L.L.B Degree from a college from where most renowned personalities had graduated. There are many Bureaucrats, Civil Judges, Lawyers, and great personalities in Politics who were graduated from Punjab University Law College. Punjab University is the second-largest university in regards to Academic Records and PULC is one of the finest college of it.
PULC is regarded as the top Law college in Pakistan. Many renowned Law Colleges are affiliated with it, so your first choice should be to get admission to PULC if you do not succeed then you may go for another.
Documents required to apply
Here is the complete list of all the documents that are required to apply for L.L.B in University of the Punjab.
- Filled Application Form
- Matric Result Card (Copy)
- Intermediate Part-I (Copy)
- Original Challan Form
- HEC LAT Result
- Fathers/Guardian CNIC (Copy)
- Domicile (Copy), if not from GRW
How to apply online?
Follow the below mentioned steps to apply online via the portal of Punjab university
- Open http://220.127.116.11/admissions/
- Create a new account here
- Fill all your academic and personal details
- Choose your program and finish your application
- Download Challan and pay FEE in the bank
- Send documents to the University
Last Date to Apply Online
Last Date to apply online for L.L.B (05 Years) in University law College, University of the Punjab is given below
Last Date: 27 July, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What was the last year merit of PULC LLB 2019?
Last year’s merit of PULC LLB 2019 was 80.26% for the Morning program and 75.65% for the Afternoon program. Every year this merit may increase or decrease invariably.
What is the contact number of PULC ?
You can contact to Punjab University Law College PULC by this number +92-42-99231275 or send an email at [email protected]
When PULC Admissions will open in 2020?
It should be open for admissions in July but due to this pandemic situation, the admissions schedule for Punjab University Law College may be delayed. So, keep visiting this page and subscribe to us, we will inform you instantly when admissions will open for 2020.
Join Us on Facebook
We have created a brand-new Facebook Group about Pakistan Law Students where you will get every information about LLB, LLM, LAT, GAT etc.
For latest and updated information, you can also like our Facebook Page,
Ask your Question
You can easily ask your questions in the comments below. Our team will try their best to promptly help you and will answer your questions as soon as possible.