Government College University Lahore- GCUL Admissions 2021 are now open for Undergraduate Programs. These four-year programs are open for all males, females, and transgenders. GCU is also offering Self-supporting Programs along with Regular Programs. Both programs will be given all the facilities equally.
GCU was first established as a Government College in 1861 by the British government. It got the position of a university in 2002 and with this addition, it became one of the largest and admirable universities in Pakistan. GCU is a brand itself, it has produced so many famous people like the Poet of East Allama Muhammad Iqbal, Zafarullah Khan (former president of United Nations General Assembly and International Court of Justice, Bano Qudsia, and Ashfaq Ahmad (scholar and novelist couple) and many other notorious people.
GCU has the highest graduation rate that is 94.6% in Pakistan. It also has secured second place in HEC. Every year many students dream to get into this prestigious institution. Only a few can make it into the university. Still, doors are open for everyone so don’t miss this chance.
Check these also,
- Quaid E Azam University QAU Admissions 2021
- NUML University Admissions 2021
- Punjab University Gujranwala Campus PUGC Admissions 2021
- University of Gujrat UOG Admissions 2021
- GCU Departments
- Programs Offered for GCUL Admissions 2021
- Fee Structure of GCU
- Merit List of GCUL
- Start & Last Date to Apply
- Documents Required for Admission
- How to Apply?
- Quota Seats
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
There are a total of five faculties in the Government College University Lahore-GCUL which are further divided into 32 departments given below
Faculty of Chemistry and Life Sciences
Following departments fall in the Faculty of Chemistry and Life Sciences of GCU:
- Physical Education & Sports Sciences
Faculty of Mathematics
- Computer Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Business Accounting $ Finance
- Graphic Design
- Political Science
Faculty of Languages, Islamic and Oriental Learning
- English Literature
- Islamic Studies
Faculty of Engineering
- Construction and Surveying.
- Cyber Security and Networks.
- Applied Computer Games.
- Applied Science.
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Management.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering
Programs Offered for GCUL Admissions 2021
Government College University- GCU has announced admissions for undergraduate programs. This year GCU will also introduce “Self-supporting Programs” with equal facilities and opportunities as “Regular Programs”. Following programs are offered for Government College University Lahore- GCUL Admissions 2021
- Microbiology (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Physical Education & Sports Sciences (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Botany (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Psychology (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Zoology (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Chemistry (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Computer Sciences (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Environmental Sciences (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Geography (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Physics (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Mathematics (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Statistics (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Electronics (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Business Accounting & Finance (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Graphic Design (Regular/Self-supporting)
- B.Com (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Political Science (Regular/Self-supporting)
- History (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Sociology (Regular)
- Economics (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Philosophy (Regular/Self-supporting)
- English Literature (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Islamic Studies (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Urdu (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Punjabi (Regular/Self-supporting)
- Persian (Regular)
Note: The advert for BS in Management Studies and the Law School will come later but it is expected that their classes will also start with other programs in September 2021.
Fee Structure of GCU
Following is the fee structure of Government College University Lahore- GCUL
|Degree – Course||Duration||Fee/Year|
|B.Sc. – Applied Management||4 Years||140000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Biotechnology||4 Years||90000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Botany||4 Years||52000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Chemistry||4 Years||52000|
|B.COM – Commerce||2 Years||60000|
|BS – Computer Science||4 Years||116000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Economics||4 Years||52000|
|B.Sc. [Engg.] – Electrical||4 Years||150000|
|B.Sc. [Engg.] – Electronics||4 Years||90000|
|BA [HONS] – English Literature||4 Years||48000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Environmental Sciences||4 Years||90000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Finance & Accounting||4 Years||52000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Geography||4 Years||52000|
|BFA – Graphic Designing||4 Years||48000|
|BA [HONS] – History||4 Years||48000|
|BA [HONS] – Islamic Studies||4 Years||48000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Mathematics||4 Years||52000|
|BS – Medical Laboratory Technology||4 Years||NA|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Microbiology||4 Years||90000|
|BA [HONS] – Persian||4 Years||48000|
|BA [HONS] – Philosophy||4 Years||48000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Physics||4 Years||52000|
|BA [HONS] – Political Science||4 Years||48000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Psychology||4 Years||52000|
|BS – Punjabi||4 Years||48000|
|BA [HONS] – Sociology||4 Years||48000|
|BS – Sports Sciences & Physical Education||4 Years||52000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Statistics||4 Years||52000|
|BA [HONS] – Urdu||4 Years||48000|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Zoology||4 Years||52000|
Merit List of GCUL
The last merit of each undergraduate program of GCU is given below.
|Degree – Course||Duration||Merit %|
|B.Sc. – Applied Management||4 Years||70.00|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Biotechnology||4 Years||85.63|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Botany||4 Years||77.81|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Chemistry||4 Years||86.00|
|B.COM – Commerce||2 Years||72.72|
|BS – Computer Science||4 Years||70.00|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Economics||4 Years||60.00|
|B.Sc. [Engg.] – Electrical||4 Years||75.00|
|B.Sc. [Engg.] – Electronics||4 Years||74.54|
|BA [HONS] – English Literature||4 Years||60.00|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Environmental Sciences||4 Years||76.63|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Finance & Accounting||4 Years||78.18|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Geography||4 Years||65.00|
|BFA – Graphic Designing||4 Years||60.00|
|BA [HONS] – History||4 Years||77.36|
|BA [HONS] – Islamic Studies||4 Years||54.63|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Mathematics||4 Years||78.72|
|BS – Medical Laboratory Technology||4 Years||–|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Microbiology||4 Years||84.00|
|BA [HONS] – Persian||4 Years||50.27|
|BA [HONS] – Philosophy||4 Years||61.81|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Physics||4 Years||80.18|
|BA [HONS] – Political Science||4 Years||60.00|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Psychology||4 Years||80.00|
|BS – Punjabi||4 Years||54.54|
|BA [HONS] – Sociology||4 Years||70.00|
|BS – Sports Sciences & Physical Education||4 Years||70.00|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Statistics||4 Years||66.36|
|BA [HONS] – Urdu||4 Years||63.72|
|B.Sc. [Hons] – Zoology||4 Years||83.00|
Start & Last Date to Apply
Following are the start and last dates to apply at GCU
Start Date: July 15, 2021
Last Date: August 06, 2021
So, online forms will be available from July 15, 2021, and no application will be accepted after August 06, 2021. The last date applies for Government College University Lahore- GCUL is August 06, 2021.
Documents Required for Admission
Documents required for GCUL Admissions 2021 are the following:
- Matric Result Card
- Intermediate Result Card
- CNIC/B-form of Applicant
- CNIC of Father
- Colored scanned copy of your picture, CNIC/B-Form, Matric Certificate& Intermediate Certificate (less than 5 Megayte).
Following is the eligibility criteria for GCUL Admissions 2021
- At least 50% marks in Intermediate
- The pre-Admission Entrance Test is compulsory for all the candidates
- Entry Test is exempted for the categories of Disability, Sports & Co-curricular Activities.
- Candidates against Sports and Co-curricular Activities has to appear in trials as per schedule.
How to Apply?
Follow these steps to apply for GCUL Admissions 2021
- Create your account by signing up on the official website of GCU or click HERE.
- Fill the online application form carefully
- Submit your application form.
- After submitting the application form pay the processing fee of Rs.1500/- in any branch of UBL
- Attach the scanned copy of processing fee slip with the online form.
Note: You will need original documents and a copy of each required documents after short listening.
Disables and Minorities have a 2 percent quota in GCUL Admissions 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does GCU provide hostel facilities?
GCU provides accommodation facilities to students both regular and self-supporting students. There is a total of four hostels, 3 for boys and 1 for girls. For getting further information click here.
Is GCU a college or a University?
GCU- Government College University was established as a ‘Government College’. Later it became a university in 2002.
Is GCU a Private University?
GCU is a public sector university. So, it is a Government University established in 1861 by the British Government in India.
Does Government College University- GCU provide scholarships?
Although GCU is a government university and its dues are affordable still scholarships are provided for students’ financial aid. For the info on different scholarships click here.
Is the Entry Test conducted for admission at Government College University Lahore- GCUL?
Entry Test (Entrance Test) is not mandatory for all programs although it is required for some of the available programs. Your entry test result will be considered to create your final aggregate for a specific program for which the entry test is mandatory. So, the process to apply for every program on the official website and see if there is any requirement of entry test. For example, the entry test is required to take admission in BS Computer Science- CS.