Virtual University Admissions 2021 are going to start for the fall session. Students who are waiting for Virtual University’s admissions to start can be assured because they’ll announce the admissions very soon. The Virtual University of Pakistan offers admission twice a year namely spring in the month of January/February and fall in the month of August/September each year.
Pakistan’s first-ever university completely based on Information and Technology, Virtual Universit was established in 2002. Virtual University is a public university. The government of Pakistan established this university to facilitate students through online lectures despite their location. Virtual University is recognized by HEC and holds Highest Category ‘W’ By HEC.
Virtual University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs. A large number of students enroll from Pakistan and also Pakistani students from other countries because of its mode of education, which is totally online. Virtual University’s head office is in Lahore. It has 175 urban campuses all over Pakistan. VU also offers different short courses to polish the skills of students and to provide Pakistan a better future.
Check these also,
- Allama Iqbal Open University – AIOU Autumn Admissions
- University of the Punjab – PU Admissions
- GC University Admissions – GCUL
- University of Karachi – UOK Admissions
- Quaid E Azam University – QAU Admissions
- Offered Programs
- Fee Structure
- Eligibility Criteria
- Entry Test
- Start & Last Date
- Documnets Required
- How to Apply?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the duration of a semester at Virtual university, Pakistan?
- Can the Virtual University of Pakistan help me in learning that how to operate a computer?
- What is the procedure to get admission to the Virtual University of Pakistan?
- Is the Virtual University of Pakistan degree acceptable internationally?
- Is it mandatory to be a campus-based student?
- Is there any fee concession at the Virtual University of Pakistan?
The Virtual University has two types of campuses. The first kind is called head offices while the other kind is called private virtual campuses Virtual University has campuses in more than 100 cities of Pakistan.
- Azad Kasmir
- Gilgit Baltistan
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Virtual University has 3 campuses in Azad Kashmir, 4 in Balochistan, 3 in Islamabad, 2 in Gilgit Baltistan, 15 in Khayber Pakhtunkhwa, 152 in Punjab, and 25 in Sindh.
Following are the faculties at Virtual University Pakistan
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Science & Technology
Following programs are offered for Virtual University Admissions 2021
Bachelor’s programs (4 years)
- BS Sociology
- BS Computer Science
- BS Information Technology
- BS Software Engineering
- BS Business Administration
- BS Public Administration
- BS Management
- BS Marketing
- Bachelor of Business and Information Technology (BBIT)
- BS Mass Communication
- BS Psychology
- BS Commerce
- BS Accounting and Finance
- BS Banking and Finance
Bachelor’s programs (2 years)
- BA (Mass Communication)
- BA (Psychology)
- B.Sc. (Computer Science)
- B.Ed. (Elementary)
- BA (Business Administration)
- BA (Mathematics, Statistics and Economics)
- BA (Supply Chain Management)
Associate Degree Program (ADP 2 years)
- Computer Networking
- Database Management System
- Web Design and Development
- Computer Science
- Accounting and Finance
- Islamic Banking
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Supply Chain Management
Master’s programs (MA/MSc 3.5 years)
- M.Sc. Statistics
- Master of Computer Science (MCS)
- Master of Information Technology (MIT)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)-Executive
- M.Sc. Applied Psychology
- M.Sc. Economics
- M.Sc. Organizational Psychology
- M.Sc. Mass Communication
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.A. English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Business Economics (MBEcon)
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Finance
- Master of Accounting and Finance
- Master of Banking and Finance
- Master of Human Resources Management (MHRM)
- Master of Operation and Supply Chain Management
Master’s programs (MS/MPhil 2 years)
- MS Mathematics
- MS Bioinformatics
- MS Biotechnology
- MS Genetics
- MS Molecular Biology
- M.Phil.Education (Educational Leadership and Management)
- MS Computer
- MS Zoology
- Ph.D Computer Science
- Ph.D Biotechnology
The fee structure for Virtual University Admissions 2021 is given below
Vitual University – VU Undergraduate (BS) Programs Fee Structure 2021
|Degree – Program||Duration||Fee/Year|
|BS – Banking & Finance||4 Years||21800|
|BS – Bioinformatics||4 Years||21800|
|BS – Biotechnology||4 Years||21800|
|BS – Business & Information Technology||4 Years||21800|
|AD – Business Administration||2 Years||21800|
|BS – Business Administration||4 Years||21800|
|AD – Commerce||2 Years||21800|
|BS – Commerce||4 Years||21800|
|AD – Computer Networks & Communication||2 Years||21800|
|AD – Computer Science||2 Years||21800|
|BS – Computer Science||4 Years||21800|
|AD – Database Management Systems||2 Years||21800|
|BS – Economics||4 Years||21800|
|ADE – Education||2 Years||21800|
|ADE – Education [early Child]||2 Years||21800|
|B.ED (HONS) – Education [early Child]||4 Years||21800|
|B.ED (HONS) – Education [elementary]||4/2.5/2 Years||21800|
|B.ED – Education [secondary]||1.5 Years||21800|
|BS – English||4 Years||21800|
|AD – Finance & Accounting||2 Years||21800|
|AD – Human Resources Management||2 Years||21800|
|BA [PASS] – Humanities||4 Years||21800|
|BS – Information Technology||4 Years||21800|
|AD – Islamic Banking||2 Years||21800|
|BS – Management||4 Years||21800|
|BS – Marketing||4 Years||21800|
|AD – Mass Communication||2 Years||21800|
|BS – Mass Communication||4 Years||21800|
|B.Sc. – Mathematics||2 Years||21800|
|AD – Operations & Supply Chain Management||2 Years||21800|
|AD – Psychology||2 Years||21800|
|BS – Psychology||4 Years||21800|
|BS – Public Administration||4 Years||21800|
|AD – Sales & Marketing||2 Years||21800|
|BS – Sociology||4 Years||21800|
|BS – Software Engineering||4 Years||21800|
|B.Sc. – Statistics||2 Years||21800|
|AD – Supply Chain Management||2 Years||21800|
|AD – Web Designing & Development||2 Years||21800|
|BS – Zoology||4 Years||21800|
Vitual University – VU Masters (MA/MSc) Degree Programs Fee Structure 2021
|Degree – Program||Duration||Fee/Year|
|MF – Accounting||2 Years||15500|
|M.Sc. – Applied Psychology||2 Years||15500|
|MBF – Banking & Finance||2 Years||15500|
|MBA [EXE] – Business Administration||2 Years||15500|
|MB.ECON – Business Economics||2 Years||15500|
|MBA – Business Studies||2 Years||15500|
|M.Com. – Commerce||2 Years||15500|
|MCS – Computer Science||2 Years||15500|
|M.Sc. – Economics||2 Years||NA|
|M.Ed. – Education||1 Year||NA|
|MA – English Language Teaching [elt]||2 Years||NA|
|MF – Finance||2 Years||15500|
|MF – Finance & Accounting||2 Years||15500|
|MBA – Human Resources Management||2 Years||NA|
|MIT – Information Technology||2 Years||15500|
|M.Sc. – Mass Communication||2 Years||NA|
|M.Sc. – Mathematics||2 Years||NA|
|MBA – Operations & Supply Chain Management||2 Years||NA|
|M.Sc. – Organizational Psychology||2 Years||15500|
|MPA – Public Administration||2 Years||15500|
|M.Sc. – Statistics||2 Years||NA|
|M.Sc. – Zoology||2 Years||NA|
Virtual University – VU Master (MS/MPhil) Programs Fee Structure 2021
|Degree – Program||Duration||Fee/Year|
|MS – Bioinformatics||2 Years||15500|
|M.Phil. – Biotechnology||2 Years||NA|
|MBA – Business Administration||2 Years||15500|
|MS – Computer Science||2 Years||15500|
|M.Phil. – Educational Leadership & Management||2 Years||15500|
|M.Phil. – Genetics||2 Years||NA|
|MS – Mathematics||2 Years||NA|
|MS – Molecular Biology||2 Years||NA|
|M.Phil. – Zoology||2 Years||NA|
Virtual University – VU Doctorate / Ph.D. Programs Fee Structure 2021
|Degree – Program||Duration||Fee/Year|
|Ph.D. – Biotechnology||3 Years||NA|
|Ph.D. – Computer Science||3 Years||NA|
Following criteria are required for Virtual University Admissions 2021
- Minimum 45% marks in Intermediate (for undergraduate programs)
- (3-year) with at least 45% marks in the annual system or CGPA 2.0 out of 4 from a recognized university/institution.
- Candidates having a Bachelor’s degree (14-year education) in [B.Com, BBA (2-year) and other relevant equivalent qualification] with at least 45% marks or CGPA of at least 2.00 out of 4 are eligible to apply.
For Virtual University Admisions 2021, the Entry test is only conducted at the time of MS (CS) admission every Fall semester. Each candidate is required to pass the VU Entry Test with a minimum of 50% marks.
Start & Last Date
Virtual University fall admissions 2021 are expected to be starting from the end of August and the last date is expected to be mid of September.
Fooling documents will be required for Virtual University Admissions 2021
- CNIC/B-Form of applicant
- Result of all previous academic records
- 2 passport size photographs of the applicant
Note: Please write your Admission Form No. / VU Student ID number on each document. In case of non-submission of the above documents, the Student Card and any official document will not be issued to the student.
How to Apply?
For Virtual University Admissions 2021 follow the following steps
- Open https://www.vu.edu.pk/apply/login.aspx
- Add information for ‘New Registration’
- Fill all your academic and personal details
- Attach a scanned copy of all required documents
- Choose your program and finish your application
- Download Challan and pay FEE in the bank
- Attach the scanned copy of paid procssing fee with online aplication form
The closing merit details of the Virtual University of Pakistan are not available on any site because Virtual University does not display the percentage of merit. It only displays the names of selected students.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the duration of a semester at Virtual university, Pakistan?
The duration of a semester is at par with all other Universities. Normally, there will be six months required to complete a semester in all respects.
Can the Virtual University of Pakistan help me in learning that how to operate a computer?
Virtual University has developed Computer Proficiency License (CPL) Course. CPL is an interactive course in which you will be able to obtain useful information about computers. The purpose of this course is to make students computer proficient. Computer Proficiency License Course is also called VU-CPL or CPL. We have made Computer Proficiency License (VU-CPL) a web-based application so that you can use it with ease. Along with listening to lectures you can practice the concepts.
What is the procedure to get admission to the Virtual University of Pakistan?
a) Anyone who wants to seek admission in various programs of the Virtual University of Pakistan. There is no restriction of age, locality, and gender, etc.
b) The University announces its admission schedule. As admission opens, the interested candidates may apply only.
c) Candidates can apply through VU online portal only ( www.vu.edu.pk >> admissions >> apply online)
Is the Virtual University of Pakistan degree acceptable internationally?
YES, except Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Middle East countries wherein almost all degrees earned in open and distance education mode are in question.
Is it mandatory to be a campus-based student?
No, if a student has not Computer and Internet facility on his/her own then he/she can be a campus base student on his/her own choice.
Is there any fee concession at the Virtual University of Pakistan?
Virtual University fee is already less as compared to the universities/institutions. However, the Virtual University of Pakistan offers:
a) Merit base and need base scholarships/ financial aid
b) Seats reserved for Shahadas on a concession basis
c) A 50% discount is available for a special person having any disability.