Vanier Graduate Scholarship is a fully funded Scholarship program offered by the Canadian Government to Canadian citizens as well as International Students.
This year 160+ different scholarships are going to be offered to International Students. Is not it crazy to study in Canada under Fully Funded scholarship and in Top-Ranked universities?
So, let’s find a way to get this opportunity.
Host Country: Canada
Host institution: Not Specified (Different Universities)
Level of study: Master & PhD
Scholarship Status: Fully Funded
Eligibility: All countries
Deadline: 03 November, 2020
Following is the eligibility criteria for Vanier Graduate Scholarship program to study in Canada
Also check: Study in UK under Chevening Scholarship
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- Be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint graduate research program such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D. – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the Ph.D. portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate research program such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D.) studies and research at the nominating institution; For joint graduate research program, only the Ph.D. portion of a joint graduate research program is eligible for funding.
- Have completed no more than 20 months of full-time study in their doctoral program as of May 1, 2021;
- Have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in their doctoral program, by May 1st, 2021 if enrolled in a joint graduate research program, e.g., MD/Ph.D., MA/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D. Applicants that fall into this category have access to the 32-month window whether or not they were previously enrolled in a Master’s program; or
- Have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in their doctoral program by May 1, 2021, if accelerated directly from a Bachelor’s to a Ph.D. (no time spent in a Master’s program); or
- Have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in their doctoral program by May 1, 2021, if accelerated from a Master’s degree into a Doctoral program without obtaining the Master’s degree.
- Have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average; and
- Must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral program.
Official Source: Eligibility Criteria for Vanier Scholarship program
In-short Eligibility Criteria
- International & Local Students can apply
- Must have passed your Bachelor for Masters program and Masters for Doctoral program
- You have not been awarded any Scholarship before from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC
- IELTS passed score
Programs being offered
Following are the categories of the program being offered to the students under Scholarship.
- Natural sciences
- Health research
- Social Sciences
- Engineering Research
- Humanities Research
Also check: Fulbright Scholarship to study in USA
Following are some Scholarship benefits under Vanier Scholarship program to study in Canada
- Living Expenditure
- University Fees
- 3-year continuous stipend
50,000$ per year will be offered to the students.
How to apply online?
You can apply online to avail this opportunity. Here are the steps to apply online
- Search University under Vanier Program
- Apply on the chosen University Portal
- Finalize your application
- Wait to get selected from Vanier officially
Every university has different deadline. So, it is better to search for each university from this link (Universities offering Vanier Scholarship).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the eligible countries for the Vanier Graduate Scholarship program?
All students from any country of the world are eligible. There is no any geo-restriction for this Scholarship program. All countries are eligible to avail of this opportunity.
Is IELTS required to get this scholarship?
Yes, IELTS is required to study in Canada. You have to submit your IELTS score also to this opportunity.
Can I apply online or have to send documents in hard form?
No, you do not need to send any documents in hard form while applying. All process is online, by filling the application on the portal. You just have to apply on the University Portal and then after have to fill the CGS application.
Ask your Question
You can easily ask your questions in the comments below. Our team will try their best to promptly help you and will answer your questions as soon as possible.