Are you curious to know everything about the newly announced entry test by the Education Testing Council – ETC department of Higher Education Commission – HEC to get admission in higher studies?
Well, we will discuss every detail right here which is publically made available by HEC for USAT Entry Test 2021. Recently Education Testing Council – ETC which is a part of the Higher Education Commission – HEC has announced a completely new entry test required to take admission to any university of Pakistan for higher education. Prior to this announcement of the entry test, students were allowed to take admission in any university without any specific entry test except the entry of university for specific degree programs if required.
HEC made this decision to enhance the quality of education in higher education and also to limit the number of students in higher education institutions. This decision was announced publically by HEC officially on August 15, 2021, and HEC made it necessary to take USAT for the admissions 2021 and onward.
- HEC USAT Entry Test 2021
- Eligibility Criteria – HEC USAT 2021
- Syllabus for HEC USAT 2021
- Start & Last Date for HEC USAT 2021
- HEC USAT Centers
- How to Apply? – HEC USAT 2021
- How to Pay Application Fee? HEC USAT 2021
- HEC USAT 2021 Preparation – Best way to prepare
- FAQs about HEC USAT Entry Test 2021
- For which degree programs USAT is mandatory?
- What are the HEC USAT passing marks?
- Are LLB students need to take USAT irrespective of Law Admission Test – LAT?
- What is the last date to apply for HEC USAT entry test 2021?
- Is HEC USAT in English or Urdu?
- Is HEC USAT Entry Test for Masters, MPhil, or PhD programs?
HEC USAT Entry Test 2021
Do you want to take admission in any of the available bachelor’s programs to your favorite university in Pakistan? STOP! Because you need to take Undergraduate Studies Aptitude Test – USAT as an entrance test first. Whether you want to take admission in University of the Punjab, University of Lahore, GC University, Virtual University, University of Sargodha, University of Gujrat, COMSATS University, University of Karachi, Quaid E Azam University, University of Engineering & Technology – UET, or the any other university of Pakistan, you must need to pass the USAT to get eligible to take admission. You do not need to take the USAT if your University does not make it mandatory for a specific program.
You might be thinking, which are the programs necessary to take the HEC USAT entry test before taking admission? Well, it is for all undergraduate programs (BS Programs) exempting Masters and PhD programs. More details are not made public yet and as soon as more details are announced by HEC regarding USAT you will be notified via this page.
For now, it is proposed to HEC to take USAT four times a year but this schedule may vary in the near future if there is any need or demand by the students. Moreover, HEC announced that the complete schedule of the USAT entry test will be published on HEC official website by the ETC department.
It is officially announced by Dr. Niaz Ahmad (VC of the University of Punjab, the University of Sahiwal, and an active participant and manager in various education activities), USAT is not mandatory for every program.
It’s not mandatory. Executive Director HEC clarified it on a request during a meeting. Its upto the University that may accept NAT, SAT, USAT or its own test. Decision must be approved by university’s statutory body, same should be made available for information on website, prospectus and student guidebook.Prof. Dr. Niaz Ahmad Akhtar
Eligibility Criteria – HEC USAT 2021
Are you wondering which students are eligible to apply for Undergraduate Studies Aptitude Test – USAT? Well, its eligibility is made very simple so that every student may appear in this entry test and can easily take admission in his/her desired university. Let’s take a look at the eligibility criteria for USAT here below,
- Students who have passed their Higher Scondary School Certificate – HSSC (Intermediate) exam or equivalent degree
- Students who have appeared in the HSSC exam and are waiting for the result
Students who have passed or appeared in the intermediate exams (FA, FSC, I.Com, Diplomas & Other programs equivalent to 12 years of education in Pakistan) are eligible to apply for Undergraduate Studies Aptitude Test – USAT.
Syllabus for HEC USAT 2021
Do you want to know about the HEC USAT Syllabus, Questions, Pattern, and Marks Distribution? Well, check below the details of its syllabus along with time and total marks.
|Test Portion||Time||Total Questions||Type of Questions||Total Marks|
|Verbal Reasoning||100 Minutes * (Inclusive)||35||Objective (MCQs)||35|
|Quantitative Reasoning||100 Minutes * (Inclusive)||40||Objective (MCQs)||40|
|Essay Writing Skills||40 Minutes (Exclusive)||1||Subjective||25|
So, the total marks of the HEC USAT Entry Test 2021 are 100, and students getting 50 are above marks will be considered eligible to apply for admission to any of the universities in Pakistan. The total time allowed to solve the test will be 140 minutes (2 hours and 20 minutes) while 1 hour and 40 minutes will be exclusive for the Objective portion (MCQs).
Start & Last Date for HEC USAT 2021
HEC announced the Undergraduate Studies Aptitude Test – USAT 2021 on August 15, 2021, and they also announced the last date to apply for USAT 2021. Students can apply on August 16, 2021, and onward and the last date to apply for HEC USAT Entry Test 2021 is August 30, 2021, while Education Testing Council – ETC will conduct this test on September 12, 2021.
As the HEC is going to take Undergraduate Studies Aptitude Test – USAT for the first time so students should expect an extension in the deadline of the application date. But, you should apply for USAT as soon as possible before the deadline so that you may prepare well with the piece of your mind.
HEC USAT Centers
As USAT is going to be mandatory for all students across Pakistan so HEC will arrange the test centers near the students in every major city. Currently, no official announcement has been made regarding the test centers but students should expect the USAT center in their nearby cities such as Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi, Peshawar, Faisalabad, Sargodha, Gujranwala, Quetta, Sahiwal, Multan, Hyderabad, Bahawalpur, and over all the major cities of Pakistan.
How to Apply? – HEC USAT 2021
Follow the steps below to apply for HEC USAT Entry Test 2021,
- For registration, first of all, open this link http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Create a new account on ETC portal or sign in if you already have
- Verify your account via Email (skip this step if you already have an account)
- Complete your profile first by going to “My Profile” section
- Enter your personal and educational details on your profile page and hit “save”
- Pay your application fee for USAT which is PKR 1,200/- for a single candidate
- Start your application for USAT by clicking on “Undergraduate Studies Admission Test” links on the menu panel on the left-hand side bar of online portal
- Enter your fee slip details there on application, you have to enter your challan number, date and HBL branch name along with code
- Enter other USAT entry test necessary details and click on “submit” button
- Only SUBMITTED applications will be considered for USAT Test and applications in SAVE or INCOMPLETE mode will not be entertained by ETC
- Now, send a copy of Fee Deposit Slip/ATM/Online transfer through courier (Pakistan post is preffered) at the address; Member’s house, HEC Sector H-8, Islamabad on before the last date of registration
So, this was the complete process of applying for the USAT, the entry test mandatory to pass to take admission in the university for undergraduate programs across Pakistan.
How to Pay Application Fee? HEC USAT 2021
Many students can consider this process very difficult because it is quite different from paying the application fee for the universities’ admissions. Follow the below-mentioned steps to pay your fee successfully for Undergraduate Studies Admission Test (USAT).
- Go to your preffered bank (any nearby bank)
- Ask the bank staff to provide you a Bank Draft (A piece of paper used to transfer money to a bank account)
- You do not need a bank account to pay the application
- Fill the bank draft with following HEC account details, Habib Bank Limited Account no. 1/42 7900 1334 01. Title of Account: Higher Education Commission
- Attach your CNIC copy along with Bank Draft
- Submit Bank Draft along with 1,200 PKR to Depositor
- Send a copy of Bank Draft to Member’s house, HEC Sector H-8, Islamabad on before the last date of registration
And, you are done with the process. You can also pay the application fee via ATM and Online Transfer but paying via Bank Draft is recommended by us.
HEC USAT 2021 Preparation – Best way to prepare
It is quite easy to prepare for USAT Entry Test. Undergraduate Studies Aptitude Test – USAT is very similar to Scholastic Aptitude Test – SAT. HEC officially announced that USAT will be similar to SAT, so just have some resources to prepare for SAT, and you are done with the preparation. There are a lot of resources available online to prepare for SAT, you have to practice analytical reasoning questions so that your objective part may get covered. And, for the subjective part, you do not need to have some sort of special preparation because it will require your general knowledge about the provided topic.
You do not need to start reading the essays and the guides on “how to write an essay” because you need to write about 400-500 words about a general topic that will be provided and this is some sort of paragraph writing. If you are good at writing skills and you can write 400-500 words about any topic with the very least knowledge then you are good to go. The best part is, you can write the essay either in English or Urdu.
FAQs about HEC USAT Entry Test 2021
For which degree programs USAT is mandatory?
Students who want to take admission in undergraduate programs of Engineering, Medicine, Information Technology – IT, Management, and Social Sciences are required to pass the USAT Entry Test. Some examples of such degree programs are BS Physics, BS Chemistry, BS IT, BS CS, BS SE, BS Sociology, and BBA, etc. But, HEC left the matter upon universities whether you need to take USAT or not for a specific degree program.
What are the HEC USAT passing marks?
USAT Entry Test conducted by the ETC department of HEC contains two portion covering 100 marks in total. Students are required to get 50% marks to be considered as a passed candidate. You should receive 50 marks in total from both objective and subjective in total to pass the USAT.
Are LLB students need to take USAT irrespective of Law Admission Test – LAT?
No, students who want to take admission in LLB, are not required to take USAT as an entrance test. It is clearly mentioned above, students interested in some fields of programs are required to take USAT but not students who want to take admission in LLB. There is another separate entry test conducted by HEC for students which is called Law Admission Test – LAT.
What is the last date to apply for HEC USAT entry test 2021?
HEC has announced the entry test to take admission in undergraduate programs across the universities of Pakistan. Students can apply online from August 16, 2021, and onward. The last date to apply for Undergraduate Studies Admission Test – USAT is August 30, 2021, while the test will be conducted by ETC on September 12, 2021.
Is HEC USAT in English or Urdu?
HEC USAT is an English medium test and all of the questions will be in English. All of the MCQs questions and options will be in English but you have the choice for essay writing. For essay writing, you may either choose English or Urdu. If you do not have extensive knowledge about the provided topic then you are suggested to choose Urdu as a medium in your essay.
Is HEC USAT Entry Test for Masters, MPhil, or PhD programs?
HEC announced the Undergraduate Studies Aptitude Test – USAT for only undergraduate degree programs. USAT is not meant to be an entry test for the students who want to take admission in Masters, MPhil, or PhD degree programs.