Applications for Astralia Award Scholarship (AAS) 2021 are now accepted. Apply now to get a chance to study in Australia, Deadline is increased to 30 June, 2020.
- What is Australian Awards Scholarship?
- Scholarship Details
- Eligible countries for Australia Awards Scholarship 2021
- Financial coverage
- Eligibility Criteria
- English Requirement for Australian Awards Scholarship
- Useful Resources for Scholarships
- Universities & Programs List in Australia
- How to Apply for the Australian Awards Scholarship?
- Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
- Ask your Question
What is Australian Awards Scholarship?
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term development awards administered by the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian institutions.
For Pakistan, Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for master’s degree-level study in fields agreed with partner governments and aligned with Australia’s development, economic and public diplomacy priorities. Relevant fields for study commencing in 2021 are given the Application Documentation section.
- Scholarships without IELTS/TOEFL
- Daad Scholarship program | Study in Germany [Fully Funded]
- Islamic Development Bank IsDB Scholarship
Here, is the short detail of scholarship
Host country for AAS is Australia.
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Level of study
*For 2021 program only Master is available for the students of Pakistan.
Full, [Fully Funded]
30 June, 2020
Eligible countries for Australia Awards Scholarship 2021
Following we are providing you the list of countries that are eligible for this scholarship program.
- Sri Lanka
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Palau
- Solomon Islands
- Wallis and Futuna
- Australia Awards Africa eligibility criteria
- South Africa
Here, above was the complete list of eligible countries for Australia Awards Scholarship program 2021. You can check the complete details about your country for this scholarship by clicking from the above links.
AAS is a fully funded scholarship program. The following would be the included in Finance Coverage.
- Full Tuition Fees.
- Return Air Travel
- Establishment Allowance—a once only payment as a contribution towards Accommodation Expenses, Textbooks, Study Materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE)
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Pre-Course English (PCE) Fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- Supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- Fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship;
- Be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship;
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently;
- Not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa [subclass 500]);
- Not be current serving military personnel;
- Not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years);
- Have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector);
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements. This may not be known until Program Areas request a placement at selected institutions);
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements;
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved (eg be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a Ph.D.); and
- Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas (including locally engaged staff at the post) or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
English Requirement for Australian Awards Scholarship
To be eligible for an Australia Awards Scholarship, you must meet certain standards in English language proficiency, with the results valid as at 1 January 2021. At minimum, you must have:
- An IELTS (Academic) overall score of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6.0; or
- A TOEFL internet-based test (iBT) score of at least 84, with a minimum of 21 in all sub-tests; or
- A PTE Academic overall score of 58 with no communicative skill score less than 50.
Useful Resources for Scholarships
Here, we are providing you the valuable resources to apply for this scholarship.
These, all for Pakistani Students, you may check yours if you are not from Pakistan by visiting their website. We will share the official website too where you will be able to check the complete details.
- Eligibility checklist
- Fields of Study
- Employment Letter Template for Pakistan
- CV Template for Australian Awards Scholarship
- Documents Checklist
These were some important resources to know for this scholarship program. You may check complete by clicking here
Universities & Programs List in Australia
There are a lot of Universities and Institutions avaialble to study and interesting thing is this, they have high ranking also.
You first have to check the complete details about the programs available and Universities related to your courses. To find the courses and Universities please go to the official website where you can explore about the Universities and Programs available.
How to Apply for the Australian Awards Scholarship?
Well, there are two ways to apply for AAS.
Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, username, and password.
You do not need to submit your application immediately. You can set up a draft application form and update it, and your supporting documentation, until the designated closing date as on the relevant participating country profile.
Once submitted, your application cannot be changed. We strongly advise applicants applying online to do so well before the closing date. OASIS experiences peak usage in the days leading up to the closing date and applicants may experience delays.
Refer to the Applicant’s Online User Manual if you need help.
Applying by mail
If you are unable to submit your application online, you can apply by mail. Please check your participating country profile for contact details to obtain a hardcopy application form and any other templates such as referee reports (if applicable).
Completed hard copy application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline specified by your country. See the opening and closing dates for each country.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Is Pakistan eligible for Australian Awards Scholarship?
Yeah, Pakistan is eligible for it. But, for the program session 2021, only Masters programs are available to Pakistan. You can check complete details about your country too, by visiting their official website.
How many IELTS Bands are required for Australian Awards Scholarship?
Minimum IELTS score required for Australian Awards Scholarship 2021 is 6.5 overall. But, there should be no less than 6.0 in any of the section.
TOEFL required score for Australian Awards Scholarship?
A TOEFL internet-based test (iBT) score of at least 84, with a minimum of 21 in all sub-tests for Australian Awards Scholarship program 2021.
Ask your Question
You can easily ask your questions in the comments below. Our team will try their best to promptly help you and will answer your questions as soon as possible